When you’re caught in a survival situation, it’s your skills that will make or break you. We want to provide you with some of the survival tips that could wind up saving your life, and some that we find particularly important are:
• Finding water in desert – This isn’t really desert exclusive, and can be applied to many arid regions, but if you ever find yourself stuck in a desert or dry region, you’ll want to find water and fast. While it may look like sand for miles all around, water may be able to be found, and you’ll want to look toward the vegetation to find it. Vegetation and damp sand or ground could signal the presence of an underground spring, and digging in these areas could find you the cool and clean water you need.
• Breathe through your nose – This is something that many don’t know, but with wilderness survival, when you’re unsure when you may be able to access food or water, always breathe through your nose rather than through your mouth. Breathing through your nose causes you to expel less moisture and use less energy, when compared to breathing through your mouth, and when survival is what matters, even these small amounts count!
• If you can’t drink, don’t eat – If you find food, but no water, it’s not recommended that you eat the food you have before finding some. The human body can last weeks without solid food, but only a few days without water, and digestion will use up water in your body that you otherwise need.
• Don’t eat the snow – If you’re surviving in a snowy situation, you may think you’ve hit the hydration jackpot with all the snow on the ground. However, eating snow will use up energy and heat as your body warms up and melts the snow, and it can actually place you at higher risk for hypothermia.
• Always mind your feet – In a survival situation, a fall can mean the difference between life and death. Even when you’re tired, your legs hurt, and you feel like you’re dragging your body along, always mind your feet and their placement. When you feel like you’re growing clumsy, take a rest, and don’t risk having a fall you’ll later regret.
A few simple survival tips can really stand between life and death in a survival situation, so it’s always recommended that you amass as many tips as you can in order to protect yourself in all ways possible. These few tips are all simple to implement, and easy to remember, and they can help you to make it out alive.