We all think of our bunkers, shelters, and food storage pantries we when think of things going bad in a hurry. But what about your vehicle? You may not need a souped up, armored school bus with sawblades on the wheels and a machine gun turret on the roof, but it is important to have a good bugout vehicle that you can depend on in tough times.
From a Land Rover to a Jeep, there are plenty of off-road, 4WD vehicles that can get you where you need to go to stay safe. But you need to be able to take your supplies with you, and that’s where the bugout trailer comes into play. Here are five of the best options out there right now.
• HEO T3 – This trailer only weighs 550 pounds, making it easy to pull with nearly any kind of vehicle you may drive. It’s also made from totally rust-proof materials that are built to stand up to the elements. It fits 3 people comfortably and includes plenty of storage for all your items.
• Jayco Jay Sport Baja – Yes, this looks a bit more traditional, and functions much like a traditional pop up camper would. But it has an extra 5 inches of ground clearance for those off road treks, and can sleep up to 8 people comfortably. It’s perfect for any bugout situation.
• Basecamp – The Base Camp Trailer line is from Mobilight International in Utah, and are made from steel tubing and sheeting to provide one of the most durable trailers on the market. You can add features like solar panels, rooftop gun boxes, extra propane tanks, and more, and numerous sizes or styles are available.
• Commander Travel Trailer – This option looks like something straight out of a zombie movie. It’s rugged, built to last, and is more of a mobile command station than just a tow-behind trailer and camper. It’s well worth a look if you’re serious about getting the absolute best from your bugout vehicle.
• BushRanger 200 XT – This off road trailer provides 200 square feet of living space in a 4 by 7 towable frame. It’s rugged and includes plenty of storage space, plus it is one of the most affordable options on the market today. That makes it a perfect choice for those who need a bugout trailer but are on a budget.
These five options highlight the best of the bugout vehicle world. If you are ready to go mobile with your survival preparedness plans, these are well worth taking a look at.